PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION : Realistic Clouds

Brötje
10-16-2004, 02:05 PM
hey,

Is there a way to create realistic, volumetric clouds without the use of Hypervoxels?

If no, then is there a way to create them WITH hypervoxels?

CHEERS!

phamarus
10-16-2004, 02:29 PM
Yes there is...
without voxels....try search for Ogo Taiki
It is very slow to render,and not so easy to set up and understand in the beginning,and
somewhat poor documentation...But...Big payoff if you learn it and get a fast computer that
can handle it.

It reacts to the sun, and you can get those nice sunbeams shining through the clouds
as the clouds moves by.
Really ..really spectacular..

And with voxels yes you can get some really cool cloud evolving If you use the right settings
and the right texture effect&speed....however getting sunbeams through Voxels..I don´t know...yet to figure out how to do that..

I´ll try to post a movie clip of sunrays shining through the clouds with ogo taiki..
and some cloud evolving sometime later.

Phamarus

NeptuneImaging
10-16-2004, 03:46 PM
you can also try using Skytracer and with the SKT_Light, you can make it volumetric..

Brötje
10-16-2004, 04:23 PM
I forgot to mention something...:blush:

I want to add some control to the clouds, so I was thinking in the line of particles. So I guess HV is the only way now. I want to make some clouds that come crashing dowb from the sky, almost like water.

NeptuneImaging
10-16-2004, 05:38 PM
Hey, Brötje

Thanks for the advice last time, it really worked. You can check out that thread in the game design forum and post even more further opinions...

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.