PDA

View Full Version : Batch render in mental ray?

RBancone
10-16-2004, 01:39 PM
Hi all..i would like to render a sequence in mental ray for maya 6.To do it i think the single way is doing a batch render..but if i set mental ray as current renderer and try to render a frame in batch r. mental ray doesn't work.Why??are there any others ways to render a sequence of frames without using batch render?if no how to render a sequence in MR? thanks!

Jozvex
10-16-2004, 10:06 PM
I just use normal Batch Render and it works fine with Mental Ray for me!

Are you setting up the file format/padding/sequence in the main Render Globals area first?

(sorry, I don't know if you're a newbie or not!)

RBancone
10-17-2004, 08:57 AM
ok..thanks..i followed your advice and its working..is there no way to render in avi format?or i need just to put every frame in adobe premiere? and make it in a sequence?

Panupat
10-17-2004, 09:36 AM
I'm pretty sure you can render out straight to AVI. But it's not a practical way we usually do tho :O
I always render my works out as sequences. It's a lot easier to compress it in post than have Maya handling it.

btw, maya can creates file paddling. Just make sure you tell it to do so in the render globals.
frame.001.tga
frame.002.tga
and so on. Once done, After Effects/Premiere and pretty much any post editing applications can open 1 file and recognize them as "sequence" by theirself. (or you have to check a box. either way, it's easy)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.