PDA

View Full Version : help - making a transparent dégradé

FabioMSilva
10-16-2004, 11:39 AM
hi. I'm currently working on my website using photoshop CS, but know i encountered a problem:

http://pwp.netcabo.pt/0257549601/cgtaLk/help.jpg

I wanted a transparent dégradé like that one for my images(because when a person rolls out the last color of the dégradé continues to the infinite). I made that image myself, the problem is that i'm using the drop shadow effect on the layer properties. and i can't turn it white :(.

is there anyway(i'm using separate layers for each image, but i can flatten the image if its needed for this) to make a transparent dégradé in the top that smoothly fades into a pure white ending(like the black color in that case).

Please help :)

wolver1ne
10-16-2004, 12:00 PM
Take your layer, add a mask, draw a Black>Transparent gradient. Put the layer on the white background. Additionally you can use Levels or Curves to play around with the mask.

Reason you don't see drop shadow as white is because you probably have shadow blend mode set to Multiply.

FabioMSilva
10-16-2004, 12:16 PM
Thank you:)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.