PDA

View Full Version : Projection Master problem

andrewley
10-16-2004, 12:06 PM
I've just started using Zbrush and while I love the sculpting tools, the interface is driving me nuts.

Whenever I drop my imported model to sculpt, I am unable to pick it back up. Or if I can pick it back up Zbrush Squashes the mesh making it almost flat.

Also I added some surface detail to a head mesh then saved the results. When I reopened the file I could not pick up the model to turn it around :(

As I'm new to Zbrush I'm sure there is a simple solution.

Any help is appreciated

Cheers

rebo
10-16-2004, 01:08 PM
Okay i assume you are comming from a 3D perspective. So here is waht u need to know.

* Zbrush models are saved as TOOLS, not documents. documents are flat, tools (well the poly mesh ones) are the actual 3d mesh. So to save your meshs you save it from the tool menu.

* When you place a tool on the document, you need to move to edit mode by pressing T, its the 2nd icon along the top i think.

* Once u moved to edit mode, dont change tool instead use the icons along the top to change from edit/move/scale etc. Use the settings in transform menu to change edit properties.

* right click lets u change brush size and pressure.

*subdivide the model in the tool menu.

There thats it!

[edit - sorry missed that you had a problem with projection master , even tho it was the thread title lol. Well im not sure what the problem is there i just drop and pickup and it works ok for me.]

andrewley
10-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Thank you Rebo. Those were very useful tips. I think I'm starting to get the hang of it now.

jamacsween
10-20-2004, 01:16 PM
When you drop/pickup the mesh, make sure the relevant check boxes are on/off i.e. cpture the bump detail, colour only etc.

Hope that helps.

JA

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.