PDA

View Full Version : How 2 paint a layer copy it to alpha and substract this selection from another layer

seanportfolio
10-16-2004, 03:12 AM
Got this NOOB question...

Ive started learning texturing in MAX so Photoshop is my new battelfield and Im new to it so dont know practicaly anything ...so...help plz:sad:

How 2 paint a layer and then copy it to alphachnnel as a mask and then substract this selection mask from another layer in the image (not all image)

This is GREAT texturing tutor on this site but theres nothing said about how to do it just - "then copy this layer into the alpha channel. Using this as a selection I delete the chipped paint off the green layer, showing the underlying yellow layer"

Youre my last hope dudes =)))

dwin
10-16-2004, 06:09 AM
Copy the object you want, make the a new channel and paste in that channel. Press the load channel as selection. Switch back to the normal layer, the selection doesn't disappear.
If you're using another image to be subtracted, try to make in one file. The picture that will be alpha and the picture will be subracted. Choose the best you like.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.