PDA

View Full Version : alpha chanels to layers

ace4016
10-15-2004, 03:32 AM
How do I copy an alpha channel into a normal layer, and then how do i copy a layer to the alpha channel?

kongfu
10-15-2004, 04:16 AM
TRY :) Give your select object name "Alpha1"

kongfu
10-15-2004, 04:25 AM
In your chanel box,select one of chanels,1.select that you want select;2.edit/copy;3.In your chanel box,creat a new chanel,name it Alpha1;4.edit/paste;OK :scream:

Sorry,I am a foreigner. ;)

ace4016
10-15-2004, 04:42 AM
I think you misunderstood me, i already have an alpha channel and I am trying to copy that alpha channel to a normal layer. I also need to copy a layer to the alpha channel. I was trying to follow a tutorial on secondreality.ch and i havent used photoshop in so long i forgot a few things, especially dealing with channels.

kongfu
10-15-2004, 11:24 AM
You can click "detach chanels" in chanel preferences box .This order can detach chanels to some alone files.For example:The file has five chanels(C,M,Y,K,Alpha1).Do it ,this file will be detach to five files(C.jpg;M.JPG;Y.JPG;K.JPG;Alpha1.JPG).
MSN:SHE1998@HOTMAIL.COM

Ghostscape
10-15-2004, 03:09 PM
You can cut and paste back and forth. There is no special trick.

To load an alpha as a selection, just clikc the little dashed circle button at the bottom of the channels palette when you have your alpha channel selected.

dwin
10-15-2004, 04:02 PM
I agree with Ghostscape. If you want to make the alpha channel, first you copy the layer you want and then make a new channel in channel deck. Paste it in there. Like making the alpha channel you can make the normal layer using the copy/paste. Copy the channel you want, switch to layer deck and paste it.

ace4016
10-15-2004, 04:46 PM
Do you have to be in a particular image mode to copy and paste layers because it wont give me the option to copy/paste a layer or alpha channel. Its a tga 32 bit image file btw, in rgb color mode(i also tried cmyk) 8 bit/channel.

dwin
10-16-2004, 06:17 AM
Before copying the picture, you should make the selection. You can use select->all for select all the picture or you can make a portion selection using lasso or circle, etc.

legadan
10-17-2004, 08:11 PM
You can click "detach chanels" in chanel preferences box .This order can detach chanels to some alone files.For example:The file has five chanels(C,M,Y,K,Alpha1).Do it ,this file will be detach to five files(C.jpg;M.JPG;Y.JPG;K.JPG;Alpha1.JPG).
MSN:SHE1998@HOTMAIL.COM I had no Idea that "detach chanells" even existed!! I wish I knew this last week. I had to prepare a presentation explaining 4 color process -- ended up doing it the long way copy-paste, copy paste. thanks for the tip!

kraal
10-17-2004, 10:39 PM
select all --- copy --- paste.....

kongfu
10-18-2004, 02:44 AM
I had no Idea that "detach chanells" even existed!! I wish I knew this last week. I had to prepare a presentation explaining 4 color process -- ended up doing it the long way copy-paste, copy paste. thanks for the tip!
First,click "layer/monolayer(the twentieth-five order in layers plane)";
Second,click "detach chanels"in chanels palette(the eighth order in chanels palette).
ok.
(photoshop 7.0)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.