PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have this problem?

johnnynightlife
10-14-2004, 09:49 PM
I have been having this problem for a while now, but it seems to be getting worse. What happens, is after i do a render region or normal render (Maya 5 and mental ray) things within windows get very sluggish (WindowsXP Home). A lot of times after the render is done, i go to open a file or folder within my computer, and that particular window will freeze, before it is completely open, and instead of the title of the file or folder on the top of the window it just says Windows Explorer. When this happens i cant close that window, and i cant refresh, and i cant shut down my computer from the start menu, i have to use the reset button.
Any info would be appreciated,

Yourworstnightmare
10-14-2004, 10:39 PM
this happens to me in max. It's because the render uses alot of memory and %100 of the cpu. You should get system mechanic, it lets you recover and defragment the ram without doing a reboot.

johnnynightlife
10-14-2004, 10:42 PM
thanx for the quick reply:thumbsup:, ill do a search on google, unless u have a link, or the address

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.