PDA

View Full Version : TheGirl

(o)ne
10-14-2004, 06:53 PM
Hi all... here is my last work...what do you think about it? I tried to achieve certain atmosphere.. I think it's almost finished...

I used ZBrush for the girl and her clothes, 3DS MAX for scene and render.

http://www.z-brush.ru/pics/thegirl-95.jpg

Dutchman
10-14-2004, 08:59 PM
I really like this job! That 'atmospere' you mean, I can feel blowing out of my computer (a 'scary atmospere' :) )!

Some little points of crit;

1) The hair looks a bit to 'open', maybe more hair would be better (more closer to each other)
2) The skin color of the girl could be a bit more 'natural'; although the shader is really cool!
3) The lighting is really cool (in fact thats no crit ;) )
4) The reflections / texturing / shading at the right wall is awesome, at the left it could be a bit better (less lights at the left or so, so that you can better see the bump > now it also seems to be quite lowres texture)

I hope you can do something with this words :)

Greetz & Goodluck, Gijs

(o)ne
10-15-2004, 04:30 AM
THank you for such a full list of points-to-fix, I agree and try to make'em ok :)

SlashTen
10-15-2004, 05:40 PM
Very nice. A very potent image.
One thing about the lighting: It might be better to make the walls darker and the character lighter, just to focus more attention on her. Or, try just making the walls closer to the foreground darker. My eyes kind of tend to be attracted more to the walls than to the girl right now.
Also, assuming her intentions are less then peaceful, you could pose her so it looks like she is ready to lunge (knees bend, body leaned forward slightly). That might make her look a little more threatening.

/slash

(o)ne
10-15-2004, 05:48 PM
SlashTen - thank you for the advice, I'll try it later today...but now..what if we change the roles?

http://www.z-brush.ru/pics/thegirl-96.jpg

ChimpanG
10-16-2004, 01:04 PM
very nice, can i possibly suggest sharpening the cieling textures maybe?

they seem a bit low-resolution, or blurry. other than that i agree with the above, especially with the bit saying make it look more like she will lunge,
also maybe have the chains that dangle down change, like one of them resting on her shoulder or something, will just show that she is actually there a bit more.

(o)ne
10-16-2004, 02:18 PM
Oh, thank you, I'll try it :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.