PDA

View Full Version : Texture Seams

r3mix
10-14-2004, 04:36 PM
Is there a way to paint out seams in your model/texture with Zbrush 2 like in Deep Paint? I have a low poly model that I need to do some seam work with, but Im not sure how or if it is even possible. Tried searching the forum, but to no avail. Thanks.

damesqlo
10-14-2004, 09:27 PM
I dont know who you work on deep paint to fix the seams...but if your model have only a one texture map, you can do it in Zbrush using Texture Master with the clone tool. (like stamp on photoshop) you must press ctrl+click on the area where you want to clone.. and then just click to repeat that area where you want

I hope that help to you, any case.. post again and tell me if work or not.

sorry for my englsih-

Zalu2!

aurick
10-14-2004, 11:13 PM
Do you mean creating a buffer around the edge of your texture along the seams to prevent them from appearing if the texture doesn't wrap precisely?

If so, ZBrush has exactly such a feature. All you need to do is press the Tool>Texture>Fix Seams button. ZBrush will automatically add the extra pixels around the edges of the seams.

r3mix
10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Basically, I have a low poly model that has already been unwrapped and textured, however I have some round areas that have a seam on the backside and want to make them less apparent. I will try both of your suggestions and see which works better for what I want it to do. Thanks for the info.

aminuts
10-16-2004, 06:03 AM
In the texture menu there is a fix seam button...try that....actually try the checkuv button first if any red shows up on the resulting texture then you might want to fix your uv's first or use guvtiles (I love guvtiles for textures as they are nearly problem free, but are uneditable in other programs like ps. but for colorizing....can't be beat).

do your texturing, try the fixseam button. There was also a seamaway zscript written for earlier versions of zbrush....a search at zbc should find it....I havent tried it with z2 so can't swear it works but it worked well with earlier versions so it might be worth a go.

mackster
10-19-2004, 09:18 AM
If you have any seams you could always fix this in Photoshop with the correct RGB value, however, I don't remember it for the moment. Just let you know.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.