PDA

View Full Version : The Best Free Web-Space Providers??

DrEvilBear
10-14-2004, 03:30 PM
Hi Guys

I'm sure many of you must have a free site, where you host your animations/images etc, in order to create links to them on this site. I'm just wondering what peoples opinions are on which are the best providers of this kind of service?

I'm looking for a site which is easy to use, and can upload files of 20megs or bigger, not limited to less than a meg for each file...

I'm not actually looking to create a website to showcase my work, just one to store it online, so I can post a link to it on CG talk for critique. I mean it doesnt need to be pretty, or ad-free, just quick, so people can stream/download my work from there.

Any ideas on the best place to do this, or any other way of achieving this would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers

allenlikewo
10-14-2004, 03:42 PM
Maybe this will help:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=49775

DrEvilBear
10-14-2004, 03:47 PM
hey allenlikewo

thanks a lot for that, i'll make a start at going through and checking those pages, I was just wondering what eveyone else uses, there must be peeps here who have tried and tested a lot of sites, so i'm just wondering if there is a general consensus on which are the best ones??

stephen2002
10-15-2004, 12:50 AM
Just a warning that the average free site is quickly overrun in terms of bandwidth by the likes of a CGTalk post. If you are looking to post work have a look at online gallery pages, such as the one in my sig, which are generally a bit more "post bit work and hammer server" friendly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.