PDA

View Full Version : Animation:Dangerous!

disrupt
10-14-2004, 03:01 PM
This was my entry for the Deathfall.com animation competition. I would like to get some feedback on it. What works and what doesn't? How can I improve this? This was done in Maya.(It is about 2.2MB)

http://www.motionmeanie.com/videos/Dangerous_Final.mpg

animation_child
10-14-2004, 10:11 PM
*the poses could be much stronger. ie. much more of a tense feeling or of anxiety.. a building up of stress or emotion.
*you could touch it up with stronger expressions with the gestures of the hands.
*the timing to could be worked on more.. the over all feeling is floaty.
*there should be more eye contact between the speaker and the audience.
*the timing could be tweaked out more when he pauses between talking or when he is taking in a breath.
*i cant read his lips too much at all.
*the end part could be strengthed much more, it is the climax of the conversation and all.

note, im just a student in animation so take what you can or want out of it.

disrupt
10-15-2004, 02:42 PM
Thanks alot for your comments. I am going to make another pass, I will try to focus on the things you mentioned. Great comments. Any more?

(3C)machine
10-15-2004, 10:21 PM
I agree, you are off to a really great start! The very end, you might want to consider a more sinister gesture, like a turning of the head to the camera intead of the open hands gesture. Might help establish the unsettling moment better.

robvmonte
10-16-2004, 04:41 AM
Ok the hands are huge so that means that they are a what gives the character personality, so you want to be more expressive with the hands, make them do more, wave a round, hand gestures when talking. Something! Not to much though or it will take away the viewer from seeing the animation because he will be focused on the hands.

disrupt
10-18-2004, 04:16 PM
Right on! Thanks for the ideas. I will be fixing things up and posting again. Great comments! You have given me some great ideas.

jondafonte
10-18-2004, 10:14 PM
its very nice, but i was wondering what the sound is from?
the music in the background sounds like se7en

AdamHerbert
10-20-2004, 05:39 PM
I really like the begining. It seems to feel much better than the end. I agreee the hands are very important. The end needs to feel more suspensful. Try some different gestures with the hands at the end. Remember it's supposed to climactic and scary.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.