PDA

View Full Version : Too many keys for edit

lowkey
10-14-2004, 11:27 AM
hi all,

i'm trying to export an animation i did in maya to enhance it further in MB5.5, but no matter what 'import/export'-options i choose, i always get 'too many keys for edit' in motionBuilder! :sad:

so, how can i get the exact fcurves from maya to motionbuilder?

LoneCanuck
10-14-2004, 07:34 PM
Hi LowKey,

Is the error message appearing in the Playback Timeline?

Have you selected a bone or object and gone to the fcurve editor to see the f-curves?

LoCK

lowkey
10-15-2004, 06:39 AM
Is the error message appearing in the Playback Timeline?

yes it is!

when i select an object (it's just a camera flythrough, so there are no bones!), i can see that the whole range of curvature of the fcurves has been converted to keys and not only the relevant ones.

i already checked all of the export/import setting without luck! :wip:

what's going on?

romeu
10-15-2004, 09:23 AM
maybe you can just add a animation layer and correct whats wrong without editing the existing keys...

lowkey
10-15-2004, 09:31 AM
good idea, but this would just be another workaround. there must be a way to swap information between both programs in a simpler manner.

btw, there's no notice what so ever in the 'known limitations'-section of the fbxPlugins-Guide, considering a similar case! :hmm:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.