PDA

View Full Version : damn Springs eats my nerves

king21
10-14-2004, 09:31 AM
Hello!
I made two spheres and convert them to softbody. now i would like to conect one particle from first softbody to one particle of second softbody with another spring.

script editor gives me this error.

// You have attempted to query or add springs to a spring object, but not specified which existing spring object you want to query or add springs to.

Please select or name a single spring object.

If typing names to the command line, please type all particle/geometry names and (for add) the name of the spring object to add to.

To place new springs in a new spring object, disable Add in the option box. //

is it possible to be done or what, plesase help needte

misterdi
10-14-2004, 11:32 AM
You may set the option to add to existing spring. If you want to create another spring object, turn off the "Add to Existing Spring", Maya will create another spring object for you.

If you want to add that new spring into an existing spring object, select the particles and in the outliner ctrl-select the spring object. It will add new spring to the selected spring object.

The message tell you that, you want to add new spring to an existing spring, but you forgot to tell Maya which spring object you would put the new spring to.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.