PDA

View Full Version : Refurbished GFX Card

Fahad
10-14-2004, 09:49 AM
I've found a Quadro FX 1100 ... refurbished for about $420, and from a trusted vendor. Is it a good idea to get it? or would it fall apart after a week or two? Is it generally OK to buy refurbished hardware?

Thanks

jcbray
10-14-2004, 10:46 AM
Do they give you any kind of garauntee with it?? If it's from a place you trust, and comes with a warantee, probebly wouldn't fall apart straight away - personally I don't like the idea enough to get one myself, but if your happy to get it, go for it.

Fahad
10-14-2004, 11:05 AM
Thanks jcbray for the reply.

Do they give you any kind of garauntee with it?? If it's from a place you trust, and comes with a warantee, probebly wouldn't fall apart straight away -
it's got a 15 day return policy on refurbished items.

personally I don't like the idea enough to get one myself, but if your happy to get it, go for it.
that's my question really .. why not?

Thanks again.

jcbray
10-14-2004, 12:37 PM
Why not...

Well, the warantee is one thing, 15days isn't all that great, other then that, I couldn't really explain it :P I'd just be xpecting the thing to have a fault with it, or break quickly or something *shrugs* If the price is right for you, and you need a new card, then maybe it is worth it for you.

Fahad
10-14-2004, 12:43 PM
guess i'll think about it some more
:banghead:

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.