PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to flip normals in Zbrush?

John-Stetzer
10-13-2004, 07:57 PM
Each time I've imported a mesh that is "open" (such as half a character or the facing part of a bit of geometry that is the only part that will be seen) the mesh comes in with the normals flipped in the opposite direction they should be. Flipping the normals in the package I'm exporting from has no effect. I realise you can import a whole mesh, hide a portion of it, and delete hidden, but was wondering if there was an easier way to do things. TIA...

_vine_
10-13-2004, 10:28 PM
You may give the double sided option a try. I'm not in front of Zbrush right now, but the toggle is under either the Tool or Transform menu.

I hope this helps you.

TVeyes
10-13-2004, 11:24 PM
You can flip the normals of the entire tool using Tool>Display Properties>Flip, you cannot flip individual polygons or groups of polygons.

John-Stetzer
10-14-2004, 12:54 AM
Thanks for both replies, gives me the info I needed :^).

Dan-Burke
10-27-2004, 04:10 AM
Hey John, are you coming from MAX? Just do a reset xform in MAX, collapse, then export to Z using the Habware OBJ exporter...that should do it. ;) Good to see you here..I just joined up today.

Dan

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.