PDA

View Full Version : bypassing windows user password

danydrunk
10-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Is there a way to enter windows if the user put a login password? without having to format it?

allenlikewo
10-13-2004, 05:11 PM
You could log in as gues but you will have almost NO privladges.

I am guessing that you aquired a used computer? or you are trying to break in to someone elses.

There are ways but I am not about to start giving out break in to other people's computers advice on CGTalk. sorry, I just find that immorral.

If the computer belongs to you now I recommend logging in as guest, backing up the data that you want to keep and then format.

Goon
10-13-2004, 05:31 PM
If its windows 98, press cancel :D

danydrunk
10-13-2004, 05:34 PM
JAJA dont you think that if I was trying to break into someone elses computer it would be to dumb of myself to even ask in cgtalk?

honestly, its not my computer but I do have authorization to use this computer, its a laptop, and the monitor is broken, so you cant see nothing, and the owner thought the whole machine was useless, so he just gave it to a friend of mine. Now, we managed to make it run, but it is asking us for the password. We called the original owner and he said he doesnt remember the password.........so I dont want to go to all the strugle of formatting......but anyway, thats my story

danydrunk
10-13-2004, 05:42 PM
I forgot to mention its windows xp home edition

StephanD
10-13-2004, 05:43 PM
Get Password Breaker V1.0...oh wait,that's in Uplink. ;)

Struggle of formatting?Takes about 2 minutes and 20-30 for an os to install.

mummey
10-13-2004, 05:46 PM
Its not possible without hacking into the computer using either a vulnerability in Windows or a Denial of Service Attack on the machine, neither of which I recommend.

Format it.
-b

danydrunk
10-13-2004, 05:48 PM
Struggle couse I have to install drivers, and get windows xp......but yeah its not that time consuming

StephanD
10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
Yes the drivers are the devil when re-installing,always re-boot and re-boot,there's just no way around it...That I know of.I tried once to install many drivers and then re-boot,got very unexpected results and disk errors :D

leas5040
10-13-2004, 06:04 PM
If you are running xp home, you should be able to boot into safe mode, and when the login screen comes up, you'll have two profiles, one for whatever user, and the admin login. Go in through the admin, go to control panel, user settings, and change/remove the password on the other acct, then reboot and go into the other profile. Providing you have the standard xp home login, this should work. I used to do it all the time on the computers at Circuit City when the customers would change the password.

danydrunk
10-13-2004, 06:09 PM
If you are running xp home, you should be able to boot into safe mode, and when the login screen comes up, you'll have two profiles, one for whatever user, and the admin login. Go in through the admin, go to control panel, user settings, and change/remove the password on the other acct, then reboot and go into the other profile. Providing you have the standard xp home login, this should work. I used to do it all the time on the computers at Circuit City when the customers would change the password.
Hey thanks a lot, I think that should work, the problem also was that since the screen is broken I couldnt see clearly what I was doing, so Im going to connect the laptop to a regular pc monitor and try to do what you said thanks again

rubberduck
10-13-2004, 06:55 PM
There is a linux boot disk that wipes the administrator password which I've used in the past just can't remember where to get it, I'll have a think.

allenlikewo
10-13-2004, 07:13 PM
If you are running xp home, you should be able to boot into safe mode...

OMG! I forgot about that. That will probably work becuase Admin account is disabled by default in XP HE. If the guy didn't know his password (and the previous owner thought it was broke b/c the monitor was broke) I am sure he never enabled admin and/or changed the pword.

sorry if I came off as being rude just don't like people asking for illigitamate help round here.

Well, good luck!

alseides
10-13-2004, 07:33 PM
I forgot my password once, and there were several programs I downloaded and used as a boot disk to disable/change password of any user, admin included. I found a bunch by searching google. If you still are stuck PM me ill find the link for you.

::edit::
Actually here it is: http://www.petri.co.il/forgot_administrator_password.htm
I think I used EBCD.

danydrunk
10-14-2004, 03:47 AM
Thanks to everyone for their responses, I just came back from school and Im going to try what you all said, thanks !!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.