PDA

View Full Version : am planing to buy a quadro 4 980xgl..but.?

render_x1
10-13-2004, 01:16 AM
hi!

am planing to buy a quadro 4 980xgl but i want to know if this Card is a good buy..At 325$cnd

would i get more power with the quadro or should i stick with my Ati fire
gl8800.. http://www.3d-palace.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_question.gif

my main use is 3ds max 6
and some photoshop

MaDSheeP
10-13-2004, 01:39 AM
i have that exact card, the 980XGL, and it really depends what application you are going to use it with...

in max with Maxtreme it is a fantastic card, and a great deal... maya seems faster, but i use that far less so i can't judge.

Try and shy away from the ATI cards, even the professional cards, more users end up pulling their hair out because of the glitchy drivers

Hazdaz
10-13-2004, 02:14 AM
Wouldn't going from a Fire to a Quadro 980 be almost a "side-grade", instead of an upgrade?

I don't think I would consider the 980 a BAD card (I actually prefer Nvidia cards), but isn't the FireGL a decent card already??

Check out Tomshardware and see if you can find an article that compares those 2 cards head-to-head, cuz honestly there are just soooooo many different video cards/chips out that I can keep them all straight.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.