PDA

View Full Version : Master Time Track / Bullet Time

govinda
10-13-2004, 01:20 AM
I have a scene with about 75 animated elements, an exploded sports stadium, tracks all offset across 120 frames. A colleague just suggested I try a bullet-time camera move on my exploded segments, pausing them as they resolve into the fully-built stadium.

Wasn't there at one time a 'group animation' function in C4D?

Is there a way to establish a master time track over the entire animation?

What I mean by 'bullet time' is the usual: the camera continues looping around the back side of my elements while their animations are frozen in time. Hmmm...could do it with some nasty math on the camera I guess...thinking out loud. Thanks for any suggestions that come to mind. -govinda

AdamT
10-13-2004, 01:44 AM
It would involve baking any procedural animation you have--a problem with TP of course--but if you can get past that I would try this:

go to the frame where you want the bullet time to begin and select all animated elements. Drop a keyframe on all of 'em. Multiselect all sequences in the timeline and run Sequences>Divide. Select all the right-hand sequences just created and drag them to the right so they start at the time you want the freeze to end. All the keyframes you made above should appear at that time. Go to that frame. Now hold down Shift and drag the time slider to the end of the left-hand sequences. Keyframe again. Now you should have a freeze in the action when you play back and you just have to animate the camera and keyframe interpolations.

Or ... it might not work! But maybe worth a try. :)

AdamT
10-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Better way: use the "Get Time Curve From" function. Doh!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.