PDA

View Full Version : Maya Startup Failed Please Help

tom.lowe
10-13-2004, 12:09 AM
I have been using Maya(4.5) for about two years now and never had a problem.

But the other day when I came to start the program an error message appeared and stopped Maya loading. Considering the day before Maya was working great, it is a real puzzle to me as to what has happened to cause this problem.

The error message that appears is:-

wgl CreateContext failed, Error Code = 0

Trying to solve the problem I had sent an email off to Alias so hopefully they will get back to me quickly cause I need it back asap.

The only thing that has changed recently in my computer has been a graphic card upgrade from a matrox G400 to a quadro FX1000 but that was two weeks ago and maya has been running the best it ever has since so I can't see that this is the problem.

Can any of the lovely cgtalk users help?

Thanks

Nev4r
10-13-2004, 12:58 AM
ive gotten this same error from other opengl games and apps before, the "wgl CreateContext failed", one time i just had to change the desktop res, and another time i updated my nvidia drivers and it went away, are you using the latest quadro driver? if you are, maybe try reverting to an older one. --hope it helps

tom.lowe
10-14-2004, 04:55 PM
Nev4r Thankyou for your advise

The problem is now solved and Maya is working fine again.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.