PDA

View Full Version : Curved arrows in photoshop

Ritchie_77
10-12-2004, 09:32 PM
Hello boys and girlz,

I want to add some arrows to an image of a product to indicate how certain items move. For example in which way the lid of a storage compartment opens. So far I've only been using straight arrows which are filled paths. But now I have to indicate a rotating movement. I've been trying to transform the straight arrows in a way that they seem to heve been wrapped around a cilinder. I've tried several distort and 3D transform filters, however without the desired result. Free transform didn't do much good either because it only allows transformations in a straight line. Does anyone have experience with adding arrows to images and knows how to do this? Or should I just make a new path for the bend arrow? Any help will be most appreciated!!!

Thanx in advance!!!

wolver1ne
10-12-2004, 11:09 PM
Create a vector circle. Duplicate this circle in the same layer. Scale the new circle down. Subtract it from the whole shape. Make somewhere a gap. Create a triangle and adjust it to the place where you need it.

This is just a quick simple example. You can however create much more by simply using a straight vector line and then adding new points to it and moving them around to get the shape you need.

Elysian
10-13-2004, 04:40 PM
Create a vector circle. Duplicate this circle in the same layer. Scale the new circle down. Subtract it from the whole shape.It's easier to create a circular shape (not filled) and to stroke the path.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.