PDA

View Full Version : PA Challange-Character-Scene-hypronost

hypronost
02-05-2002, 10:24 PM
Ok, this will be my second try for this challange.
Because my first character didn't come even near the challange rules I've decided to create a second one .
Just made a quick scetch of what he will look like.
I know I'm not mush of an artist but plz tell me what you think of it. :)

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1012932938.jpg

hypronost
02-06-2002, 02:25 AM
Just finished the shape of the head .Next step , the mask and some other details.

Please tell me what you think !?

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1012947436.jpg

hypronost
02-07-2002, 02:08 AM
Here are some new updates (like you guys care:( )
Oh, by the way, tnx for all the good comments on my work (I wish) :D

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1013032671.jpg
(texturing isn't finished)

Jhonus
02-07-2002, 02:44 AM
Don't worry about the lack of replies, i have the same problem :D Just keep faith in your own work and stick at it.

I quite like the lack of hair (it makes him look older and unhealthy)... it could look really good with a decent base texture for the skull.

i dig the mask and goggles, they probably need a little bit more detail though... maybe some stitching, or rimming. Maybe try looking at real gas masks if your stuck for ideas.

anyway, don't give up... practice pratice.

:D

hypronost
02-07-2002, 03:11 AM
tnx for the reply, I'm still working on the details and about the texturing, wel these textures are just to give some idea of what it will look like, thy arn't the final textures.
Again , tnx for the comments.

CerberusC
02-07-2002, 03:38 AM
hey keep on working, it can be good :) but make more details in the mask like little plastic borders to aid the mas fit in his face
sorry about my english :P

SEL
02-10-2002, 06:26 AM
Hey, well I stumbled onto your thread here and saw what you wrote. First off, this is a challenge, but dont make it out to be, in my opinion, I really dont give a damn, im just here to learn and get better like everyone else, ive noticed many people have posted old works for this challenge that look awesome, but the thing is, they lost the whole purpose of what is going on here. I decided to enter in this thing so I can get better at the 3d part of my field, not to be shun on a pedistal, well, with that aside, let me try to help on your model. I thrive for knowledge, and work hard at everything I do, try taking the same approach by searching the web for what you need and what you want to get good at, for its amazing but every question has an answer to it.

As far as your model is coming along, let me recommend, buying or checking out book on human anatomy. Then just start tracing away, studying muscles etc. Once you get good at tracing, try applying what you traced by then looking back and forth from paper to reference, once you get good at that, do it from your mind, once you are able to place what you see in your mind exactly how you want it on paper, amazing things happen! you must always start with 2d, for I carry around my sketch book everywhere and draw all the time.

As far as your model you are working on at the moment, let me give you a couple pointers..... First off, I use MAYA, so I dont know what program you use, but go about building your model like this, use your own methods, but try to put things in order:

find a good reference on a good human form and start your modeling from that, try to find orthographic views to see all angles, as in art, a masterpiece takes time, dont let this challenge date rush you, take your time and learn and get better. Try not to apply textures or paint effects until the end of the model cous it tends to slow down the computer and get i the way of progress, also remember there is no such thing as perfection, the imperfect is what makes things real. Try exagerating things a little more, EXAMPLES: pulling the nose out more, making muscles bigger then normal, making your eyes buldge out of the head a little, also let me suggest this too, try building the whole model first with really low detail, once you like the shape etc. then go into detail, well I can write all day but I think this is enough to help you out, dont worry about people throwing posts up, if you have questions, cgchannel is the best place to get answers....

shaun

hypronost
02-11-2002, 12:48 AM
Thanks for all the tips shawn.
And by the way, I work with Lightwave.
I'l try doing it like you said.

Anyway heres, my WIP.
Basics finished , now I'l start on the details.

http://www.lwg3d.org/files/1013373206.jpg

hypronost
02-14-2002, 11:25 PM
Ok, here it comes.
It is with pain that I have to tell you guys that I wil stop working on this challange,
tough it was a great concept (the challange).

The reason why is simply cause I am new to Lightwave and 3d
and still in the progress of learning.I just got Dan Alban's latest work (inside LW 7)
and I'm putting all my time in that for now.

I hope to be joining the next chalange (and finishing it).
For now it's reading, learning and practising.

Tnx for all the comment's I've got on my work, aspecially Shaun's comment.
About that, I've bought myself a book on human anatomy , and like you said, it's been a great help.

Hope to see you all in the next challange !!

iNFERNiS
02-14-2002, 11:51 PM
cool, nog een belg :D

Looks very nice, way better stuff then I can, i'm still learning to :)

gl & happy modeling :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.