PDA

View Full Version : network rendering

numlock
10-12-2004, 04:48 AM
hie there..need some help on this...

i'm using lightwave 7.5 on a macintosh g5 so i need to network render a scene.the other computers are g5 and a g4..how to set it going?.i did the host machine setup but when i push the screamer net init no cpu were detected.the network is working.i want to use the cpu for render only,can u guys help?

jabbermike
10-12-2004, 07:12 AM
try this http://www.the-worms-of-art.com/tutorials/lightwavetutes_221.html
or this http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/rendering.htm#Screamernet

mike

oxyg3n
10-12-2004, 07:15 AM
You need to edit the lw config files so that all the computer can see the path to the scene and the objects, images, that you used in it. I believe that you can find these config files under my documents.

jabbermike
10-12-2004, 09:34 AM
You really have to edit the config files to get screamernet work on a Mac? The only time I did that (for windows) was as I changed form windows path format (e.g. C:\....\...\....\) to unix format (\\mymachine\.....\.....\). That way I did not have to change the drive letter mapping in an existing office network.

mike

oxyg3n
10-12-2004, 09:41 AM
Oh I did not notice that he was using a mac. But I am fairly certain that he would still have to edit the path of all the config files to point to a screamernet folder.

jabbermike
10-12-2004, 11:26 AM
The screamernet folder is for the the "job" and "ack" files. The clients have to know where the configs are so that they find the scene, object, image etc. files are. So, under windows you either make a .bat file or edit the shortcut to the LWSN.exe file with these informations.

mike

numlock
10-12-2004, 11:36 AM
ok,i've config all the files.but when i start the lwsn no cpu detected or cant find file job..

the content and command directory is the same,but still cant detect the cpu

jabbermike
10-12-2004, 12:15 PM
how did you config all files? what files did you config?

mike

numlock
10-15-2004, 05:01 AM
sigh...still cant get it right...i config the lwsn cmndline to the path of lightwave preferences,and the directory files to be rendered,but when i run the lwsn it said cannot find the job...

this is my path...

-2 -c"Macintosh HD:User:online1:Library:Preferences:" -d"Macintosh HD:lwprojects:render:"
"Macintosh HD:Applications:LightWave 3D 7.5:Programs:job1" "Macintosh HD:Applications:LightWave 3D 7.5:Programs:act1"

anything wrong here?...im out of ideas....

jabbermike
10-15-2004, 08:07 AM
I donīt know anything about using a Mac for screamer render but there is one thing that I noticed:

Change you path form ".... act1" to "....ack1"

Maybe thats whatīs wrong.

mike

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.