PDA

View Full Version : Ctrl-<anything> keys not working

Antrim
10-12-2004, 01:49 AM
For a couple days now, I haven't been able to use any of my control+ hotkeys (i.e. ctrl+z to undo, etc...). Every time I hit control, it changes the appearance of the cursor, and then ignores my keystroke.

I'm using PhotoshopCS if that helps....I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone has a clue as to what I changed that is causing this to not function properly anymore.

Thanks in advance

-Antrim

Tallacus
10-12-2004, 02:29 AM
hmmmm.....decides from the usual cut, copy, paste there are also crtl m, to bring up the lighting manager, or whatever its called, and crtl t to scale, move and rotate and image, sorry, im really bad at photoshop

Antrim
10-12-2004, 04:08 AM
I think you misunderstood my problem ;)

I know what the hotkeys are....they just aren't working on my computer anymore. Something made the stop, and I can't figure out what it was.

Tallacus
10-12-2004, 04:24 AM
preferences.......oh.....there I go again sorry, maybe its one of those uninstall, reinstall thing, hey you may never know, there i go again, ahhhhh sorry for spamming you

theGuest
10-12-2004, 09:09 AM
Just a thought...

Sounds to me like you have some other software interferring.

Perhaps a screen capture program is running in the bg? There's also been some issues with certain versions of ICQ and keystrokes being messed up. You have ICQ running?

:bounce:

Elysian
10-13-2004, 05:47 PM
Most people who have this problem have a cracked copy of Photoshop.
Especially after the release of Photoshop CS lots of people have complained about this. Turned out to be some crack that didn't work so well. Adobe's Photoshop forum was overwhelmed with the same question like yours.

Only few have a problem with the keyboard driver;
http://www.tommyblogs.com/PermaLink,guid,5ea4da77-9e49-4087-89db-a886442e7e09.aspx

halo
10-13-2004, 08:17 PM
this was covered in a sticky post, but it seems to have been unstuck or removed...

usual problem, pirated copy

other problem, logitech keyboard drivers

try trashing prefs or searching the adobe user forums

Antrim
10-15-2004, 03:02 AM
oh man....Yeah, I didn't even think about that. I just got a new Logitech Wireless keyboard setup. Nice setup, but hopefully I can find drivers that don't mess with photoshop, thanks for the link

CTRL+X
10-20-2004, 03:43 AM
I'm having a slew of problems,, had to go back to 7.0.1

first system resources degrade over time on large files

second, all keyboard commnands either quit working or call up wrong functions over time

third, all brushes get mixed up so selecting lets say a hard edge default brush actuall envokes a wet media brush.

and no its not a pirate copy...

KOryH
10-20-2004, 11:02 PM
Well I am pretty sure here at work I am not using a crack.
And I know for sure at home I am not.
I still get funny things happening when I push alt or control a lot.
It happens to others here at work too.
Normally for all keyboard ailments I end up pushing esc repeatedly
or ctrl or alt. That 99% of the time wakes up my keyboard.

Just something worth giving a shot.
when in doubt close out of PS and relaunch the app or if you are really deperate
restart!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.