PDA

View Full Version : ACS4 and 7.5D

abeq
10-11-2004, 10:22 PM
Hello, i was thinking of getting Auto character setup 4. Does it work under lightwave 7.5D???
Just wondering if anyone is using this combination without any problems.

Dennik
10-12-2004, 01:26 PM
I've used it a couple of times, it makes good rigs, but unfortunately they are complicated and slow. And if something goes wrong, like if some of the custom expressions stop functioning for some reason, you just won't be able to use it and lose precious time. I think if you learn how to rig yourself, and keep your rig templates, you can get away with maybe an extra 30 minutes for rigging new characters. AND you will know how to fix any problems because it will be your rig.

(I apologise to Lukasz Pazera for not recomending ACS, i bet it has some potential, maybe the future updates will be less complicated, more stable and faster. :) )

abeq
10-18-2004, 03:55 AM
Thanks for the tip. i've only built one character and it took forever for me to figure out how to rig it well. i never thought of reusing my rig.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.