PDA

View Full Version : painter and me? not getting along....

Y.Y
10-11-2004, 08:51 PM
listen.. i just got the new painter (10), and let me tell you somthing....

it just suckes!! man tried like 4 hours to get along with the friking thing but no!

there is a lot! of stupid tools! that i will never use! im sure that you agree about that...

now please! can somone give me a link to some of your painting technics or somthing...

it just that i worked with photoshop a lot! of time and i comperd painting and the painter just dose it better!

so pleease...

Jinbrown
10-11-2004, 10:25 PM
listen.. i just got the new painter (10), and let me tell you somthing....

it just suckes!! man tried like 4 hours to get along with the friking thing but no!

Maybe the problem is that there is no Painter 10. :D

Seriously, it's Painter IX (IX = 9).

Equally seriously, if you want help, it might be good to bring a more respectful and friendly attitude to the party. After all, no one is obliged to give their time to answer your questions. It's done out of generosity.

there is a lot! of stupid tools! that i will never use! im sure that you agree about that...

Actually, no. I don't agree that there are a lot of Painter's "tools" that are "stupid". There's a purpose for each and every brush variant, art material, and feature in any version of Painter.

Depending on the kind of work we do, we may not use all of them, but someone else will use what we don't use and be grateful it's there to use.

In addition, we're free to set up Painter IX (and earlier versions) so only the brush categories, brush variants, and art materials we want to use are available to use. We can also create custom brush variants and custom art materials to further refine our choices to suit both the way we work in general and to suit individual projects.

By the way, Painter's "tools" are all found in the Tools palette. The only tool used when we paint is the Brush tool. When the Brush tool is selected, and we choose a brush category, we can then choose an individual brush variant and begin painting or drawing.

Vector based curves and Shapes can be drawn with the Pen, Quick Curve, Rectangular Shape, and Oval Shape tools, also found in the Tools palette.

now please! can somone give me a link to some of your painting technics or somthing...

You'll find a lot of tutorials by looking in the Sticky thread at the top of the forum and by doing a search here at CGTalk. You'll also find many Painter tutorials by doing a Google search.

it just that i worked with photoshop a lot! of time and i comperd painting and the painter just dose it better!

so pleease...
Though you may still prefer Photoshop even after learning enough about Painter to make an informed decision, like many other artists ranging from high level professionals to intermediate level users, to beginners and students, you may also find that using both Photoshop and Painter provides a much more complete set of capabilities for creating all kinds of art.

Congrats for saying "please". It does help.

kraal
10-12-2004, 12:38 AM
i'd just like to add.... you do not have to use it.

Jinbrown
10-12-2004, 01:40 AM
kraal,

Thanks for the chuckle.

Lunatique
10-12-2004, 02:37 AM
Try reading the threads in the Sticky thread. I'm sure they will help you a lot. I felt the same way about Painter when I first used it. In fact, I had to try it 3 times before I really got the hang of it. The first 2 times I ran screaming back to Photoshop. The best tip is--get rid of all that you don't need on the screen and only keep the tools/palettes that you use. Then, give all the brushes a test drive and try tweaking their settings and see how they actually work. After that, you'll know more than enough to paint anything you want.

delunchen
10-12-2004, 02:44 AM
ha
you expect to get used to it after using for only 4 hours????

It happen to me when i first try painter. I was like "ok....brushes is more natural then photoshop, but i still prefer photoshop"

After a few days of tryout, i started to lve it more.
Now im totally using painter, seldom touches my photoshop.

CIM
10-12-2004, 02:51 AM
Whine whine whine. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Y.Y
10-12-2004, 04:56 PM
Jinbrown 10x a lot... you made me think all over about painter.

kraal i'd just like to add.... you do not have to use it.
i just do it be reflax... see!

Lunatique- now i know there is still hope.... 10x

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.