PDA

View Full Version : A tutorial on a tutorial

Chromecyborg
08-16-2002, 05:27 PM
Well after i was told about "true" poly modeling i tried this http://www.polysculpter.fsworld.co.uk/2tut_1boxed.html tutorial but my real problem is the initial shape that he says i must get with extrude and bevel, does he mean i make a box select a row of polys extrude rotate etc.? If so how can i get it right i cant get the poly's to expand on the sides without the top expanding which is what he seemed to do.
Any help will be appreciated as I really need to learn to model this "easy" way i hear about.

dvornik
08-16-2002, 08:07 PM
You select the top poly (your box should be converted to editable poly) extrude or bevel it a bit, then non-uniform scale move and rotate. You can also move vertices or edges in front and side view. I think max 5 will have an extrude manipulator similar to what maya has - so you can rotate and scale as you extrude. Just to get a rough shape of the object. Try using non-uniform scale on a polygon just on one axis in local coordinates - it sounds that this is what you are having difficulty with.

P.S. There is no easy way, there's a less tedious way.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.