PDA

View Full Version : brush preview, turn off?

ambient-whisper
10-11-2004, 06:03 PM
im on the demo here,

i got a question though. painter 9 seems freakin fast when painting, (which is awesome) but the speed in the application cant be seen until you start drawing. the preview cursor is soooo bloody slow its not funny. once you press to use the brush on canvas and the preview cursor dissapears things are bloody fast again. so. is there a way to either speed up or simplify the cursor of the brush to make it draw faster on screen? in photoshop its not an issue unless you get to really big brushes. in painter its slow for smaller brushes, and unbearable at larger brush sizes.

Jinbrown
10-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Hi,

If, by "preview", you mean the Brush Ghost (thin line defining shape of the brush dab), go to Edit > Preferences > General and uncheck the Enable Brush Ghosting box.

ambient-whisper
10-11-2004, 10:17 PM
cheers that helped :D
it was mainly the airbrush preview that was being extremely slow. ( as well as sometimes, larger oil brushes lagged if i use em in quick strokes. )

f97ao
10-24-2004, 05:03 AM
cheers that helped :D
it was mainly the airbrush preview that was being extremely slow. ( as well as sometimes, larger oil brushes lagged if i use em in quick strokes. )
Jupp, kill the ghosting it's insanely slow. Only problem is then you don't see too much.
/Andreas

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.