View Full Version : PA Challenge - Character/vehicle - Pascal Blanche

pascal_blanche
02-05-2002, 10:24 PM
ok ok.. :rolleyes:
http://alshaheen.net/artists/lobo971/challenge3.jpg

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 10:31 PM
feck me, that's brilliant.

And you promissed you weren't gonna enter . . .http://www.duhspot.com/users/smiley/s/cwm/cwm/cwm14.gif

sherban
02-05-2002, 10:32 PM
you just had to do it, didn't you?

ruin my one slim chance at a little glory,
alas...
;)

stipen
02-05-2002, 10:36 PM
liar...!!!

pascal_blanche
02-05-2002, 10:36 PM
now that Matt is away, I maybe have a chance to win this one .... :p no wait.. damn... Arild i s here too.. and lots of concepts are damn cool here :D :D

For now I want to play a bit with this robot design behind the girl, I want to turn in to some "war of the worlds" or " the day the earth stopped"(dunno if the translation is correct) Oh well. like a 50's design
The girl will be easier to do, i'll reuse my old models ;)

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 10:39 PM
hey no fair, no re-using old models . . .
I'm not [probably cause I have non, but that's besides the point]

hehe :p

lildragon
02-05-2002, 10:48 PM
I knew you couldn't resist ;) looking forward to duking it out with you and your wild designs :D and you better not reuse that model with the girl untop that beast of yours :)

Good luck bud

Totitch
02-05-2002, 10:54 PM
You are a liar man...
But what will be the cg challenge without one of his father!

Wonderfull sketch !!!

Just one critic...Why put her a mask!
All the character have mask and I'm sure we all want to see her beautiful face!

;)

Please! do it for us!

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 10:54 PM
clash of the titans YEEEEEEEEEHAAAAAAAAAW :D

imean, there are excellent pieces here, piece by piece worthy of carrying the Titan name ;)

where's me duelgun . . .

10 paces . . . "plof" hehe

Wiro
02-05-2002, 10:58 PM
BASTARD! :D

Wiro

pascal_blanche
02-05-2002, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Equinoxx
hey no fair, no re-using old models . . .

that's why i'm building a "vehicle" from scratch .. fair enough? ;)

Equinoxx
02-05-2002, 11:01 PM
hm . . . have to check the rulebook . . . ehr there appears to be none, so yeah, I guess that's fair enough ;)

can I re-use an arm then :D i deserve extra credits for the damn scarf I hope pretty please . . . :D:D

NowInc
02-05-2002, 11:02 PM
Bastard......

Cédric
02-05-2002, 11:17 PM
Héhé, I am happy... You are particpating at this challengé, héhé...
I knew you would come back on your decision, héhé :D

I will cry during a month the ;)

Dan Dixon
02-05-2002, 11:21 PM
good to see your up for this one pascal . really nice concept your work defiantly speaks for it self . awesome

Cgkoko
02-05-2002, 11:42 PM
One of the main reasons i liked this web site is that i have the chance to watch Pascal and other great artists, modeling on the same subject with me. There are not good 3d artists in my country, so watching you working makes me really wanna get better. I'm really happy that you desided to participate...great concept by the way.

Staffan Norling
02-05-2002, 11:50 PM
Oh no, the snailmaster is into the challenge! We're doomed!

Nice vehicle. It reminds me of an alien craft from a graphic novel based on "war of the worlds".

RoRo
02-06-2002, 12:05 AM
sinon a part ca cmt va ? lol arf :rolleyes: It's really good veryvery beautiffulllll $

vivement modeler ca va etre un chef d'oeuvre !! bonne continuation

highly to model that will be a head of work!! good continuation

RR

rendermonkey23
02-06-2002, 12:17 AM
I knew it.... :)

I really like your concept by the way.

Taoizm
02-06-2002, 12:48 AM
good to see you in here Pascal. Personally I really get a kick out of watching your characters develope. Can't wait to see where you go with this one. :D

MadS
02-06-2002, 12:54 AM
No!! Foiled again!! Here I was, getting used to the idea of Pascal not entering, and then he does this. For shame! For Shame!:D :D :D

parallax
02-06-2002, 01:00 AM
oooh and no, i'm not going to enter blablabla yadayadayada...
you already knew you were going to enter didn't you?
you just have been sitting in front of your monitor the last couple of days laughing your ass off at all the people typing "pascal isn't going to enter " :D :D
btw. Top notch as usual.

Joebount
02-06-2002, 01:50 AM
PA Challenge ... hum, PA, it's for Pascal, nooooo ? We gotta stop this guy ! :D :D :D

TylerHunter
02-06-2002, 02:14 AM
Aw yeah,

Im gonna post my WIP tonight.. Im so glad Pascal is entering this one, Ill get some really good conpetition. I still think you won the last one, I love your work. Cant wait till I see your progress.

Tyler Hunter

cerreto
02-06-2002, 02:39 AM
I used to have a coach that said if you wanna be a pro play ball with the big guys when they kicked your asssssh 10 times put anice pack on you but and jump back in the game !!!

You only get good by playin with the best so ill get my ass pack out ! glad your here to kick may ash again !:)

big b
02-06-2002, 05:54 AM
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH SOOKY SOOKY NOW.

PASCAL IS IN THE COMPETITION.

I love your work man. It inspired me to stay at home and work, undoudtedly killing the last speck of me having a life, to compete in cg talk's WIP challenge against the likes of you...........

.............CHOMP, GULP. (sorry I'm eating the sh@% I usually talk, but I know how good you are.)

Needless to say, it will be fun to see what you come up with.

Keep Up the Good Work.

Black Mariah
02-06-2002, 07:31 AM
Well, I officially give up. ;) I can't wait to see what you do with this one. :D

eagle300
02-06-2002, 08:49 AM
yeh...bastard!

hehe

uh...hehehhee

skello
02-06-2002, 09:08 AM
Ah!! cool conceep..t ...NO WAIT!!!.......It does not have 6 wheels!
Yay!! :) :)

Howard Day
02-06-2002, 12:27 PM
Now this makes it interesting. Told you you couldn't stay away!

Howard Day
02-06-2002, 12:33 PM
Now this makes it interesting. Told you you couldn't stay away!

Howard Day
02-06-2002, 12:38 PM
Hmm. Now that I look at it - this reminds me of some work i did bout 2 years ago -
http://www.hedfiles.com/AG1.jpg
Yup, I know - it sucks - nevertheless, looks similar to Pascal's concept, eh?
Great minds... :)

clifford
02-06-2002, 02:09 PM
By the way, Pascal, the original title for "Le jour où la terre s'arrêta" is "the day the earth stood still"

Cheers and very good work (as usual)

Cliff :)

oozeballz
02-06-2002, 02:15 PM
it seems so many people are upset that your joining this challenge... I for one I am glad... this bring the level that we should be shooting for a little higher. its nice to have good competition, other wise It wouldn’t be a challenge.

Krep Suzeth
02-06-2002, 02:15 PM
Beware Pascal, you will have a lot of tutorial to write ..... :D
Btw nice little girl. But the snow.... argh, please give her some clothes !

Krep

Wintermute
02-06-2002, 03:35 PM
Just when I thought I might have a chance... :eek:

Glad you're in on this one, gives me another killer level to attempt to achieve

As usual, kickass work, impatiently awaiting the 3D version :D

NANONEEN
02-06-2002, 10:41 PM
I think it's gonna be a beautiful scene
the vehicle reminds me of the"ghost in the shell" video game
( comme l'araignée dans la video d'intro !)

Joebount
02-06-2002, 11:04 PM
The robots looks like a probe droid (Star Wars) mixed with the robots in the day the earth stood still. Will you also model a background ?
BTW, really nice design

Naz
02-06-2002, 11:57 PM
Krep Suzeth: clothes because of snow?
remember, she is a hot babe ;)

Martin-K-
02-07-2002, 12:39 AM
snazzy. like the bot. but we all know that youll make it even better :)
the only gripe i have is the lens shape on the chick. they make her kinda look.......a bit weird...

CerberusC
02-07-2002, 01:03 AM
Fantastic concept for the scene, will u have enough time to model the two characters? hehe

core
02-07-2002, 03:57 AM
OK OK ...

I think pascal now that he is one of the best 3D artists around and i think you can stop to post like things that call cool, bastard, yah you here, wonderfull, i would post under you thread so im cool.
This thread has 3 sides with the normal forum options. Dont you think thats enough? Think that this challenge go´s to 8 march. Pascal had only post one scribble and not the "holy grail". Dam its good, its very good one of the best i have seen here but think about the other good artists here around. There so many good works here with so many good updates and so many of this had only a few post as reply (critiques and so).
I hope that you understand what i mean. In no fact i mean any bad things about everyone here !!! Especially about Pascal, there are no bad things from my side (because i wrote this in your thread).

I hope you all understand me and dont misunderstand, thanks alot and peace for everyone...

And about Pascals work you are great man and i hope to see a update of this soon.

This forum (CgTalk) is the best place for graphics freaks to hang out, im glad to be here.

Christian :D

blc318
02-07-2002, 04:05 AM
What? Three pages and not a single shot of the model?:D
Man Pascal you do bring in the crowds, which is understandable with your work. Good concept and it really does have that 50's feeling you were wanting.

SEL
02-07-2002, 11:01 AM
Hi Pascal,

well, I have been sitting behind my computer the last couple months trying to figure out where the best in the animation world are at. It seems like I have found many talented artists here at cg channel. Im still a younin working my way up the industry ladder, but never hesitate to learn from the best. Im glad cg channel placed this forum along with these new challenges, I will prolly enter this one when I have a little extra time to see where I fit with the elite, but my main objective is to learn for ive only been doing this modeling and animation thing for a year now at my college. As far as your start, I watched you put together your character from the last challange from start to end, and really like the way you work, well enough with the boasting, just glad to be a part of this, good luck with the character, im sure its coming out great!

arai
02-07-2002, 11:27 AM
this many replies and he doesn't even have anything in 3d yet? ;) hehheh alright thats it, I think I'm gonna have to get involved. (Putting it in writing makes it harder to back down :P) Looking forward to some wips, great concept sketch.

-arai-

Jhonus
02-07-2002, 01:23 PM
I totally hear what your saying Core :)

Titan
02-07-2002, 10:51 PM
Pascal is THE MAN...excellent drawing skills!

IMarshal
02-08-2002, 12:25 AM
Pascal, I can't wait to see your model =) Please post something as soon as you can.

I've been meaning to ask you how you create your character models. Is it a box modelling technique or do you create a spline patches using surface tools....or something else I'm missing.

One last thing, do you ever plan to make a modelling tutorial? Please!!!! hint hint hint :)

IMarshal

Lorenzo
02-08-2002, 01:55 AM
Salut Pascal, c'est Laurent l'ex voisin, comme j'ai pas eu de réponse au mail que j'ai envoyé sur ton E_mail, je me suis dit que tu ne recevais plus mes mail à cause du nouveau filtre de hotmail, ou bien que t'avais pas trop le temps de répondre.
J'ai recu les photos de l'incendie, c'est violent.
En tout cas j'espère revenir au canada dès que j'en aurais la possibilité. En attendant bosse bien, (je blague),:p
et je participe aussi au concour du moi de février, enfin, salue bien tout le monde de ma part, et répond moi sur mon mail
mfraiche@yahoo.com
aller, bye

pascal_blanche
02-08-2002, 02:18 AM
Salut laurent, Je n'arrive pas a te joindre , j'ai toujours un failure delivery... utilises les messages privés de cgtalk pour les messages... prives ;)

Thx for all your replies guys!!! I'm still a bit stuck with my pirate, ( I want to finalise an illustration with it)
I'll post wips of the new challenge ASAP!! :D

Reo
02-09-2002, 08:12 PM
I'm dig'n on the consept sketch .........and look forward to the first model post ........

Reo

broken_skull@hotmail.com

WazaR
02-13-2002, 09:17 PM
Pascal, you play 3d very well. I apperciate your work, and am glad that when many traditional artist rag on CGI, that there is Pascal to show that CGI dose indeed incorparate all those "classic" elements.(Composition, Form, Color,etc.....)

I wish you luck....(and for myself some immaculate miracle to every have a chance in this WIP now that your in it.)

Your an inspiration to a lot of people.

Nous vemos, y alomejor un dia nuestro caminos se cursan denuevo.

Piz
02-14-2002, 01:10 AM
Ehm... what have I to tell you?
I belive that this PA - Challenge will be my nemesis.... :D

... and it was only the first.. grrrrrrr!

The concept is very cool Pascal!

hi

Piz :D

Reo
02-17-2002, 01:10 PM
so when's the post coming.................???????

: )

System404
02-18-2002, 09:22 PM
cool design! can't wait for the 3d models. And I'm glad to see you on this challenge you were one of my top favorites from last challenge.

DWIEMER
02-26-2002, 05:10 PM
go pascal! go pascal! go pascal!
can't wait to be amazed again

gr. dwiemer

pascal_blanche
02-26-2002, 06:47 PM
argh sorry guys I think I will not make it.. not enough time :(

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 01:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.