PDA

View Full Version : Clothilde: "Turbulence" on cloth

Swissphil
10-10-2004, 04:37 PM
I did my first clothilde try and it worked really neat:)

One problem I ran into is, that when the character walks, some kind of turbulence apears where the fabric is loose on the chest. (above the breasts).

Removing all wind forces solved some of the problem and kept the back of the dress of behaving like a flag ;). I could increase stiffness, but its already at 100% and I don't want the dress to look like leather or a brickwall :)
Any idea what parameter could reduce this?

2nd question... the front and back get "sewed" together and this works really nice, but.. well, there is now a visible seam:) So next question would be how to get rid of this...

Phil

danb
10-10-2004, 05:04 PM
Well i can't answer the first question but i think if you tried the iron tool you may get rid of the seems. If not try the smooth brush option under the brush tool in right click menu when points, polygons, or edges selected.

Srek
10-10-2004, 05:52 PM
The seam might show if you use a to small width value with the dress o matic. The shrunken polygons should have about the same size as the neighbouring polys.
You can increase stiffness well beyond 100% and still make realistic cloth, just lower flexion a bit more and maybe increase the mesh density.
Cheers
Srek

Swissphil
10-10-2004, 08:30 PM
Thanks folks, the seam problem was easy to solve as I simply had the polygons of the seam pointing in the wrong direction. Silly me

I will figure out the settings for nice cloths, its really fun to experiment with clothilde :thumbsup:

Swissphil
10-11-2004, 08:46 PM
Well, problem solved....

It wasn't the cloth, I used a material with a small noise in the bump channel and this made it look as it fit would have a turbulence in the movement of the cloth.

So, everything was just an optical trick... silly me!!!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.