PDA

View Full Version : any good lightwave training dvds out there?

mazar
10-10-2004, 02:42 PM
hi everyone, just wanted to ask if anyone could recomend a good lightwave training dvd/dvd's. i know there are many out there but dont know which ones are good. so if anyone knows of any good ones please let me know :)
im interested in car modeling so if there are any out there covering this topic i would also like to know
thanx

colkai
10-10-2004, 03:13 PM
Well you're in luck :D
Kurv studios do a car tutorial DVD which is superb. I have Vol 1 and have just ordered Vol 2.

There are several threads over at Spinquad showing work, as well as on the forums at www.kurvstudios.com - it is without doubt the best car tutorial I personally have seen and so far, that seems to be how everyone who bought it feels to.
Each volume is $34.95 and they are worht the money and then some. Get it - you won't regret doing so. :thumbsup:

mazar
10-10-2004, 03:42 PM
hey thanx colkai, just what i was looking for much appreciated :thumbsup:, just ordered both series

colkai
10-10-2004, 05:21 PM
No Problem - like I say - check out the forums on Kurv, the author is there to provide any help you may need.
However, in truth, he does it so well, there isn't much room for mis-interpretation :D

Serif
10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
I am VERY satisfied from my set of tutorial DVD's from www.desktopimages.com (http://www.desktopimages.com). Both Rich Helvey and Brad Peebler are the instructors in the DVD's I purchased. I would buy more... but they have not rlsd anything new lately. Anyway... it's top shelf instructional material.

There is also some great stuff from www.3dgarage.com (http://www.3dgarage.com). I have not purchased their LW8 DVD yet, but I do plan on it very soon. From what I see on their free tutorials, this is another awesome resource.

ravioli_rancher
10-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Mazar,

I completed Dan Ablan's / 3dGarage's 7.5 courseware and enjoyed both the quality of the videos and his teaching style. He covered modeling a car using a combination of box-modeling and point by point methods.

LWG3D.com (http://www.lwg3d.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=242) also has some thorough car modeling tutorials (box, and spline methods). They were written for older versions of lightwave, but I believe they'll play nice with 8.

Anyway, please post some of your WIPS from the KURV videos. Perhaps they offer even more secrets / techniques to speed up the modeling process. :applause:

SplineGod
10-11-2004, 07:41 AM
mazar,
What sorts of topics are you interested in? Are you looking more for tutorial videos or an in depth course? I have a couple of very in depth courses for LW including unlimited online support. I also have tutorial CDs as well that cover a variety of topics. Some of those are again on my site and more and more being done thru KURV. :)

JohnMarchant
10-11-2004, 03:35 PM
Personally im after Dynamics and Effects training, would also like to see some in depth LScript training as well

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.