PDA

View Full Version : basic animation question :)

iC4
08-16-2002, 12:37 PM
I wanna make a short movie with some explosions in it, but since I don't want to make the explosion every time I need it new, I made one explosion in a new scene. Now my question is whats the best way to get the explosion in my other scene with the vehicle animations? Is it better to render the explosion and add it in a compositing software? or just import it and change for every explosion the rate keys? or is there a way to import as a "clip", so that I can place it in my animation and the explosion settings stay the same?

Frinsklen
08-24-2002, 06:29 PM
I would animate the explosion, then import it, add glow and things like that and copy and paste it changing some parameters.

what software are you using?

Ripley
08-25-2002, 09:54 PM
Here's a quick, light way:

You could build and render it in one scene with a straight on camera, then put the sequence on a grid as a texture and save that off with some flickering lights all parented in. Then whenever you need an explosion, load the grid scene onto your car scene and just place the whole explosion grid where you need it, and make sure your grid is facing the camera. If your lights were parented/constrained right you should only have to move the one grid.

FKMaster
08-25-2002, 10:32 PM
i would render the explosion in seperate layer and add it in a compositing software.....the rendertimes are very much faster and the control of picture/colors are better....

ed209
08-26-2002, 01:02 AM
...you may not even have to build the explsion if you can get some footage to roto or key. Try out a package called Illusion ... you can creat some nice explosions with an alpha very quickly to composite into your scene. We used it on a show I worked on a while back and where able to pull off some fairly good stuff extremely quick. It basically saved our ass on an insane deadline.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.