PDA

View Full Version : Animation: The Lighter side of the Skeleton Knight

Tukata
10-09-2004, 06:59 PM
Just finished this up wanted to know what you thought.

Skeleton Knight Sensitivity (http://www.3dvoodoo.com/movies/FlowerPick.mov)

KielFiggins
10-09-2004, 08:03 PM
Hey Chris, looking pretty good. Nice concept. First thing, in my opinion, is the shadow being casted. I bet you have a very large plane and your using DMAP shadows, and thats why the shadow is nothing more then a blur under the character.Try getting rid of the plane and replacing it with nothing more then little plane where the guy is moving and see if it sharpens them up. If your really interested, ill send you a desciption on how to do the seemly horizon with crisp shadows trick.

From an animation stand point its pretty good. The initial skip, his feet are lifting up before they should, adding some sort of toe roll off to spring would help. It also looks like they are falling at the wrong time or planting to late or too soon, but its difficult to tell since the shadow doesnt describe where teh ground plane is. his shoulders should probably be twisting more with such an exaggreated arm swing. The COG shifts are awkward when hes stepping towards teh flower, remember to plant that foot before the COG moves over it.

Tukata
10-09-2004, 08:27 PM
thanks a lot Kiel, I was wondering about the technique you described on cgchar so I'd love to hear about it. and yeah it's just a dmap shadow from the gi_11 script I'm running. I'll hit the curves again to try to get some of that timing a little more polished and I'm happy to say I'm almost done with my site revamp =)

Yodimus
10-27-2004, 03:40 AM
The skip isn't too bad, i agree about adding a toe curl. The kneel is really good - great sense of weight, especially in the shoulders. The flower grab doesn't look right though - contextually. It looks ok if, say, it was someone's neck or collar he was snatching, but for a flower, especially after a skipping frollick, he's gotta be more dainty about it.
Know what i mean?

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.