PDA

View Full Version : rendering problem with maya

nidagal
10-09-2004, 01:40 PM
:sad: hi guys, i have a peculiar problem here.... i tried to rendera an animation, the output avi file does not seem to work on my machine but works fine on other machines that i have tried...

i have a athlon processor 1.7 ghz 300+ ram and 8 mb trident blade graphics card... and am running xp pro

could you please help, i'm not sure if its a problem with maya or xp or anything to do with my hardware..
thanx
nidagal

brudney
10-10-2004, 10:58 AM
and what about rendering single scenes? no problems at all?
anyway, i'd say it's your video card. maya doesn't work properly with lots of video cards... borrow some other video card from your friends and try it out.

MunCHeR
10-10-2004, 11:47 AM
your video card has got absolutely nothing to do with rendering, unless your doing some hardware rendering, might be better to ask for help in the maya/rendering forum.

Cheers

MunCH

brudney
10-10-2004, 12:44 PM
yeah, i guess it's not a video card after all. unless, as muncher said, you're doing some kind of hardware rendering.

exectly what kind of problems occur?

it might be something wrong with codecs (either settings or you're missing some codecs...)

thesuit
10-10-2004, 05:27 PM
yep codecs can be a pain. however i would go for the maya forum to get some answers.

jbo
10-11-2004, 01:37 AM
i don't know what the problem is (although it probably is a codec issue), but i can tell you that its a really bad idea to get into the habit of rendering video files directly out of a 3d app... not only will you have many more options if you render a sequence of still images and compress them into video later, you will also not have to worry about a rendering problem, or computer crash costing you all your previously rendered frames.

nidagal
10-11-2004, 03:43 AM
single scenes work fine... only the animation part is giving the problem.. it feels like the animation has been rendered thrice..get the scene in three parts, but if i just move my wmplayer to the corner of the screen it works fine, but only a part of the scene is visible...that is the problem.
how should i render a sequence of still images? iam new to maya.. do i batch render it except give it a jpg extension instead of avi extension? and once i render the sequence of images how would i get an animation out of it.. is there some software which can do this?
if the problem is with the codecs how can i rectify the problem..?

thanx again for all your help guys...

nidagal

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.