PDA

View Full Version : Complete character Modelling Video tutes

Larkin
10-08-2004, 02:46 PM
Hi all,
just a note to say I finally got these finished.
I've already posted in the 3D modelling, but since they are made in LW - I thougt I'd mention here too.

The tutorials are aimed at introducing first-time charcter modellers to the processes and principles involved.

I've kept the toolset as basic as possible and made a dedicated chapter to describe their use, for easy translation to other 3D apps.

There's also a dedicated section of designing EdgeLoops and PolyFlow.

Hope ye find them useful,
Cheers
~CL

link: http://www.puffandlarkin.com/lightwave/tutorials/character_modelling/

Lique
10-08-2004, 03:11 PM
Thanks Larkin, u always been a great help!!

joo
10-09-2004, 09:53 AM
:thumbsup:
Thanks! You help me a lot!

Cheers.

Larkin
10-09-2004, 11:36 AM
Welcome, guys. Let me know how you get on if you can get through the whole thing.

There's a mini-forum for any help you might need if you get unstuck half way through as well.

NileshXYZ
10-09-2004, 04:12 PM
nice function of website, " page layout : * 1 column | * 3 column", may have to try that myself on a website.

Good layout of tut. pages

ClingFree
10-09-2004, 04:34 PM
This is a terrific tutorial. It is nice to see someone in the community do something that helps everyone. You may want to check on your links for the included files. The finished Lion-o model is not there and the texture link is bad too.

Larkin
10-09-2004, 05:31 PM
Thanks ClingFree, I'll get to that now - it was one of the last things to do, so I must have skipped it in my eagerness to get over the line :)

webshot
10-09-2004, 06:32 PM
Someone should sticky this for a while. Very nice tuts with a er nice and thought out layout. Pretty smooth dude.

Larkin
10-12-2004, 01:21 AM
NileshXYZ sry, missed that post. Thanks, power to the user eh? its nothing fancy - just alt. sylesheets - of course IE needs JavaScript to make it work :rolleyes: If you'd like the bits of code, I'll strip em out for you.

webshot cheers, appreciated :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.