PDA

View Full Version : add bone to object problem!

Iguiniz.X.
08-14-2002, 05:17 PM
Hi,
I've learned to work wit making bones and then skinn my moddela and then edit envelope etc.
but now I got a character which is mechanical and with skin I get weard twists in my moddel that is for organinc creatures but not for mechaninc. So I thought there must be a way to get bones attacked to objects so I can move my character with bones instead of constantly chancing teh pivot point.
Or maybe ther is a other way. well here I have a pic which tels you how my character looks.
I hope someone can help.
thanks in advantage

Iguiniz.X.
08-14-2002, 05:18 PM
and a close up joint connection

Rogue
08-22-2002, 03:18 AM
I'd use the objects for the rotation and forget bones...but if you really want to use bones, then see if your software has a way to 'attach' specified polygons or points to certain bones. For instance, in Lightwave, you could use weight maps and assign the maps to certain bones so that bone will only modify the intended geometry. I'm sure most packages have an equivalent method.

Hope this helps out.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.