PDA

View Full Version : ClothFX - weightmap problem

Werner
10-08-2004, 08:22 AM
I'm very disappointed that I can't control fix amount, by using weight maps in LW 8. Please tell me I'm missing something here.

Here is a small example of what I need. The weightmap in the following image is suppose to control the stiffness of the geometry strip, when I use it under the "fix" box. When I hit "calculate", ClothFX affects the cloth either 100%, or 0%. I want a gradient stiffness as per weightmap applied under the "fix" property. How the hell do I go about that!

Robsi
10-08-2004, 12:15 PM
I'm very disappointed that I can't control fix amount, by using weight maps in LW 8. Please tell me I'm missing something here.
Here is a small example of what I need. The weightmap in the following image is suppose to control the stiffness of the geometry strip, when I use it under the "fix" box. When I hit "calculate", ClothFX affects the cloth either 100%, or 0%. I want a gradient stiffness as per weightmap applied under the "fix" property. How the hell do I go about that! I guess thats the way it is. Fix is just on and off :sad:
I usually create my own kind of a gradient with different point sets with different settings of spring,...etc. Its very time consuming and still difficult to get good results.
Wheightmaps would be cool for animating hair too.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.