PDA

View Full Version : Onslaught - WIP

aprentice23
10-08-2004, 06:39 AM
http://geocities.com/mig_e_c

This is my first post on CGtalk, sorry if it is not a direct link but I am just happy to get my pictures up and posted. I am looking for some good feed-back. This is a project that I have been working on for about two weeks, and my focus is on low poly cage to be smoothed with lots of detail. I would like to create characters for film and television and I thought this would be a good challenge.

Let the critique begin!

WillieT
10-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Congrats on your first post,, but what is it you want crit on? Modelling? Character Design? It is obvious that you have not yet textured it.. so I will comment on the modelling and design. All I really see is an object, character wise this image doesn't tell me anything,, is he good, bad, angry, pensive?? Oh and where's his face? His legs look a bit bowlegged.. Hope this helps

keep at it. good luck

mr.wheels
10-09-2004, 04:45 AM
I beleive its the model he would like crits on :wip:

Nice model I really like the back of him or maybe its the front...

Oh well in any case its a great model ;) needs a nice texture now :P

EVIL
10-09-2004, 10:27 AM
I can't see a thing! Kid, geocities suxx, get another one.

weasel.acuh5o
10-11-2004, 07:06 PM
hi,

first, nice start. I think there are a few things you should do...

- the previous posts look like no one knows who onslaught is... look for a nice image of him and post it along with the renders. the best thing I could come up with is from some videogame and less than optimal... anyhoo, check http://www.cannonspike.com/CamFan/capcom/vs-games/mvc-onslaught.gif if you don't know him.
- try making some boots in the next days, I think that'll help define him somewhat better and help with the front/backview issue.

now, back to work. there are boots to be made. :)

/weasel

ReBootedOne
10-11-2004, 07:28 PM
Onslaught rules.
Wish I could see yer pic off of GeoShi-, I mean, GeoCities. :)

-The ReBooted One

aprentice23
10-16-2004, 04:01 PM
Sorry, for not carifying what it is that I want to be critqued. I would like the modeling to be looked at, Do edges look to sharp or could I use more somewhere to help with the smoothing?

Also, this is a WIP so only the upper torso of the character has been modeled, so that is what I would like to be looked at so far. I have also posted a pic of the character so everyone can see what type of personality he has.

As for a texture I think that is going to be awhile since I have never done one.

Thanks for the feed back so far and I'll have more pics posted soon. with boots.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.