PDA

View Full Version : Brian Aldsworth - Animation Session 10 - Dialog 1

froggyplat
10-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Thought I would take a crack at this.

I'm calling this "first pass" since I haven't dealt with any curves or tackled the scream yet. I tried a "0 pass" just to get some acting ideas, and settled on trying to imagine Ash with a more effeminate quality. The approach was to do some lip sync one phrase at a time, then work out the body, then lip sync the next phrase, and so on. I've learned through this exercise that is a good way for me to organize the animation. Anyway, here goes:

digiwonk first pass (http://www.digiwonk.com/images/dw_Anim10_take1.mov)

Remi
10-08-2004, 04:06 PM
Brian....you've got some good acting going on but I don't think it fits the sound file....if you want to keep what you've got...I would push the poses a little more.....how are you going to tie in the scream? Nice work...keep it up:)

s3ksee
10-09-2004, 04:54 AM
Brian....you've got some good acting going on but I don't think it fits the sound file....if you want to keep what you've got...I would push the poses a little more.....how are you going to tie in the scream? Nice work...keep it up:)

I agree with Remi. Think about what he's doing while he delivers the dialogue. I would suggest
acting it out yourself in front of a mirror...best way to animate your character is to "feel" what it's doing.

Still a good first blocking though.

froggyplat
10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Guys,
Thanks for the comments. As far as the acting not following the dialogue, I see what you are saying. My idea was to contrast Ash's macho performance (thinking of the movie) with a character that's more melodramatic and un-macho (iow, interpreting the dialogue in a different way). Maybe that's too much of a stretch, but I've come too far at this point to do something completely different. Anyway, maybe I can push him further to sell the idea a little more clearly. As far as the scream, I'm thinking of another character sneaking up in the background for him to react to.

Thx! I'll keep working on it. :)

mimo8
10-09-2004, 05:21 PM
I see your idea but also the critis of remi and s3ksee.
continue on this way, it has its charm and i understood how you mean it without reading your comment first.

I like the way he plays with his hand/fingers and I like the point wher he shifts weight.
what is a bit weak is the point where he lets the head fall into his hand.
It fits to the sound (good ears guy) but it is a bit of a far distance he does with his head and I dont see how it goes with the plot. perhaps a kind of clapping would do better.

keep it up

Anim_Changes
10-09-2004, 09:11 PM
I don't mind your approach of being 'un-macho', I think it can be pretty funny.

The first few poses are good, But after "primates,...", you may want to mix it up a bit more.

The wieght shift on the word "touches" looks a bit wierd. I'd try translating him to the right on the move as it looks like you only used the 'rotate' here. Also when he does 'shift' his left leg should be locked and not bent, in my opinion.

my 2 cents

-TT

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.