PDA

View Full Version : problems in projection master. help!

guismo
10-08-2004, 01:34 AM
another question for the pros
i am trying to apply a texture with projection master. but all the times i tried it created strange mistakes. one of them i show here
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v242/guismo/problem.jpg

the top picture is the base model, in wich i have been fighting for a while. i kept the texture data, i do not know if it helps
the following down the left is the base in the projection master. i did one stroke with the same color and material i have been tying to apply all along (thow it seems different).
then, at the right, i applyed the projection master. you can see how different it got
at bottom left, i applyed some more strokes on a different angle and aplyed several times. each time i applyed the rest of the mesh got more black.
the last picture is that stroke applyed

does anyone know why this happens? when i paint it whithout projection master, i mean, directly in the mesh it does not happens. but there are several advantages of projection master that i would like to use

i hope i have explained well. i apreciate any help and excuse me for my bad english

r3mix
10-08-2004, 03:43 AM
Only thing I can think of is check your shader settings and maybe try another shader...or maybe you are using a higher intensity with your brush than you did previousely? Hard to tell.

aurick
10-08-2004, 05:59 AM
I'd bet almost anything that you have the Shaded option active in the Projection Master menu. This tells ZBrush to capture ALL color information from the canvas, including what's created by the scene's lighting. What is happening is that every time you pick up the model, the shadow becomes more intense.

I'd recommend running the tutorial that is built into Projection Master. You can launch it by pressing the question mark button in the lower right of the PM panel. One of the chapters discusses how the Shaded option works, and how to avoid getting the darkening effect when you use it.

guismo
10-08-2004, 03:35 PM
thank you very much for the help you two

aurick,yes, i mark all the options in the projection master, since i do not know what i will need (except mirror)

i will do the tutorial. thanks

guardonduty
10-09-2004, 06:02 PM
Does projection master have the same feature as we see in Bodypaint where the brush will allow you to specifically choose the mesh you want to paint on for accuracy

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.