PDA

View Full Version : modo backdrop`s

eXec
10-07-2004, 01:39 PM
it`s my second day when I`m trying to build a good blueprint. finally I find control panel to backdrops, but it`s not the end of my trouble. I`m working on 3 viewports, sometimes I want to see perspective view. so I change viewport, and when I`m switch back, backdrop is completly !@!@##-up.

seasterling
10-07-2004, 10:35 PM
After setting up your bg images save your Layout.

joo
10-08-2004, 08:05 AM
:)
Correct. If u feel u're satisfy with your cool self made layout, u can even map a hot key for it and u still be able to open multiple windows if u like.

Cheers.

eXec
10-08-2004, 11:54 AM
:)
.. u can even map a hot key for it and u still be able to open multiple windows if u like.

Cheers.

maybe u can tell me how to do that trick, would be very helpfull.

Pazur
10-08-2004, 01:56 PM
after saving layout go to key editor, switch to commands tab and choose layouts for the popup on the right. now You should see all layouts listed, simply double click on the one You want and You will be asked for shortcut.

eXec
10-08-2004, 02:01 PM
thx m8 :) just starting modeling . maybe u can tell me how to break, create new verteces on edges of poly. but not using edge slice.

Pazur
10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
if You want to create vert in the middle of poly use Spikey tool. If You want to add vertices on edge but don't want to create edge use Edge Slice but turn Split Polygon option off in Tool Properties. This will only add verts.

eXec
10-08-2004, 03:13 PM
maybe it`s time for another thread but Pazur u are so nice :)
i`m trying to use drill- slice tool to cut in multi-poly object some nice curves. i`m trying in every possible way X,Y,Z changing layers and still nothing. Suggestion ?

maybe imoportant - i`m using this with symmetry. :banghead:

joo
10-09-2004, 06:54 AM
hi,
maybe i missunderstand ur question...
if u see nothing was happened when u activate some tool, go to Tool Pipe > right mouse click the tool name > choose "Apply tool"
or in the tool properties if u see a little button "Apply"
After that make a hot key for the "Apply tool" (in Command History viewport, right click then Map Command to Key...) this is the same way u make a hot key for ur layout.

Pazur
10-09-2004, 08:06 AM
put the object You want to cut in foreground layer and the shape that You want to be cut in the first object as background layer. use solid drill/slice and the shape in background layer should be cut in the mesh that is in foreground one. this is basically LW behaviour, to put things that some of tools require as background layers.

eXec
10-09-2004, 09:42 AM
thx again. lifesaviours :thumbsup:

WPTV
10-09-2004, 03:14 PM
heres a backdrop question, is there anny way to put two images in the backdrop of the perspective view? like each image on different planes?

Pazur
10-09-2004, 03:21 PM
i don't think so. unless You put them as textures on 2 planes and put those planes as textured background layer.

joo
10-11-2004, 01:50 AM
Haven't try yet. Maybe can map those images on a box.

WPTV
10-11-2004, 05:46 AM
maybe thats my first feature request

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.