PDA

View Full Version : LW displacement map

xiao_x
10-07-2004, 03:40 AM
hi,i`m fresh in 3d,then i use LW,normally,i use displacement map to make a enviroment floor.I didin`t model in modeler using subpatch because displacment easy and fast.
the problem is when i put the house,tree,and add other thing i find that very hard to put the object in layout,it will be more easy done in layout.... :shrug: any idea???got wat way
can make a displacment map to a object???i can get a good result model in modeler.....i try a freeware name terragen but that only done a big mountain.... :cry:
hope someone give me an opinion

SplineGod
10-07-2004, 03:59 AM
You can save your displaced object out from layout frozen in that state using Saved Transformed. That new object can be loaded back into modeler.
You can also create an endomorph by moving your ground object up in modeler.
From there you can use an image map to activate the morph to form your landscape using the textured point plugin in modeler.
You can also use the same image/displacement map in modeler using the same textured point plugin to create a weight map. You can then use the move tool with the falloff set to weight map. This will allow you to pull out the geometry based on the intensity of the weight map. :)

xiao_x
10-07-2004, 04:14 AM
oh,i get it and try it.......
it work,thanks :thumbsup: :applause: :thumbsup:

SplineGod
10-07-2004, 04:21 AM
Great! Glad it worked :)

xiao_x
10-07-2004, 04:32 AM
another question is ........
i model a box in modeler,then i ploygon is 54
then i subpatch it and i found that layout display the polygon is 972.....wow :eek:
then i unsubpatch it and metaform it and wat i get the result is polygon =216
wow,that is big diffrent model in modeler and save transform at layout,the dispacement map is more easy to control and use but the polygon will more than wat u model in modeler and metaform it :eek: ........izzit 2 time metaform = 1 subpatch level??
really want to know :shrug:

SplineGod
10-07-2004, 04:52 AM
In modeler if you hit the O (options) key youll find that you can adjust the subpatch level. The higher the subpatch level the more polys that are created when you freeze the object. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.