PDA

View Full Version : Pipes on SpaceShip

wollyka
10-06-2004, 09:56 PM
Hello
I am both new here and at 3d (started with lightwave 2 weeks ago).
I was following the Spaceship tutorial posted at www.ap3d.com (http://www.ap3d.com) and was able to model it (not excellent a mesh but hey it is my first).The problems i have r 2:
1-The textures don't save in Layout, every time i open my model in it all my texture settings are gone!!! (yes i did save my scene)
2-The pipes on the top of the ship are very blurred as u can see and i don't know why or what's wrong with my settings.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
http://img32.exs.cx/img32/7629/SpaceShip1.jpg

Aegis Prime
10-06-2004, 10:20 PM
1. Texture maps and procedural texturing is saved with the object not the scene.

2. The pipes look like they've got a low res and/or blurry reflection map on them - try something with a bit more detail/contrast and you should get better results.

Good luck! You're off to a good start - my first LightWave model was something similar :) (gotta love that "generic panels" image map :D)

wollyka
10-06-2004, 10:33 PM
1. Texture maps and procedural texturing is saved with the object not the scene.
Thx for the info, i don't believe i missed that!!:eek:

2. The pipes look like they've got a low res and/or blurry reflection map on them - try something with a bit more detail/contrast and you should get better results.

Good luck! You're off to a good start - my first LightWave model was something similar :) (gotta love that "generic panels" image map :D)
Hehe yes the generic panels image map ! the lazy way.
I would try to see what can i change with these texture on pipes.
Thx u very much again.

Padmus
10-06-2004, 10:55 PM
Like Aegis Prime said texture maps are saced with object what that means is to save the stuff from layout(and you do want to do texturing in layout normally) go to file-save-save object you've got a couple of selections there but they're pretty self explanitary, It looks to me like your texture is being stretched on the pipes so scale up the UV if its procedual scale it along the proper axis(probably z)

wollyka
10-07-2004, 12:44 AM
Like Aegis Prime said texture maps are saced with object what that means is to save the stuff from layout(and you do want to do texturing in layout normally) go to file-save-save object you've got a couple of selections there but they're pretty self explanitary, It looks to me like your texture is being stretched on the pipes so scale up the UV if its procedual scale it along the proper axis(probably z) Ok i will try
Thx Very Much

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.