PDA

View Full Version : Scanners with Film Adaptors...

Ross Forster
10-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Hey all

I'm hoping someone can advise me on a new flatbed/film scanner combo...

The best thing would obviously be to get a dedicated 35mm neg scanner, but they're too pricey at the moment, so I'm looking for a good quality flatbed with an adaptor. I've been reading around and have found that the reviews vary on what to expect when scanning negs with an adaptor, so I'm looking for someone who can comment having used them in action.

I've been looking at the Canon CanoScan LiDE 80, mainly because of its price and the fact that it has an adaptor.

Anyone care to comment with their opinions and suggestions?

Cheers.

singularity2006
10-07-2004, 04:17 AM
I'm incredibly happy with Microtek's scanners. The majority of their scanners come with slide and negative adapters now too. Canon's are great, but I just personally like the more robust feel of the slightly bulkier and bigger Microteks.

Ross Forster
10-07-2004, 01:54 PM
I'm confident I'll be getting good document scanning capabilities with these, but my main concern here is the overall quality of scanning 35mm.

singularity2006
10-07-2004, 05:29 PM
I'm confident I'll be getting good document scanning capabilities with these, but my main concern here is the overall quality of scanning 35mm.
The Microtek slide scanner (Microtek LightLid35) comes standard on a lot of their scanners and works like a charm w/ 35mm. I don't really know how much detail u'll be needing, but my brother used it quite often for his material for ID work. He has sinced moved to a standalone but for what he started out doing, it was beyond expectations.

nafa
10-08-2004, 10:18 AM
I have an HP scanner with adaptor for negatives/transparecies. It works well. Since this feature has been around for ages, I would expect all the big names (which include canon) will have perfected the technology involved for it to work properly.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.