PDA

View Full Version : getting a screenshot from a DVD onto my PC help

hopper2k
10-06-2004, 06:54 AM
hi.

i have a DVD playing on my PC, and want to get a screenshot of it saved on here. i use the print screen option, and it gets the whole screen as an image, but the image of the DVD shot itself does not appear. my friend said the dvd player i use on my PC should have an option to capture a screenshot. the dvd players i have on here are powerdvd, windows media player, and interactual player, and neither have a screenshot option. my friend says he uses windvd but i think you have to pay for that one.

does anyone know if there's any free or trial version software that can do this?

thanks.

hopper2k
10-06-2004, 07:09 AM
well i just found a trial version download of WinDVD, so that should have a screen capture function, then i'll be able to get what i need.

MattClary
10-06-2004, 10:38 AM
I got a copy of PowerDVD with my DVD player, and it allows me to capture the image.

mychaleg
10-07-2004, 07:38 AM
I have taken many a screenshot with PowerDVD. There's a little camera icon on the player. Be sure to go into your config settings and choose the folder you want to save images to. They save as BMP files too so you'll have to convert them.

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.