PDA

View Full Version : Friday the 13th Jason Voorhees

Levitateme
10-06-2004, 01:26 AM
This is part of a wip i am doing. modelded in modo, and zbrushed in ...zbrush. just a zbrush 2 render, i am learning xsi foundation as well, so i will render this together someday.

http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/Jason04.jpg

http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/Jason09.jpg

Levitateme
10-06-2004, 01:29 AM
here is the skull pieces

http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/Jason07.jpg

http://www.chemicaldust.com/critiques/Jason08.jpg

aminuts
10-06-2004, 05:39 AM
Looking pretty good so far! Am wondering how you like Modo. Am thinking about picking it up and wonder if it's pretty quick to get up and running. I liked what I saw of it in their siggraph videos.

anyway look forward to seeing how you progress with this fella.

Levitateme
10-06-2004, 07:27 AM
My opinion on modo is to get xsi 4. almost every tool i loved in modo is in xsi 4.

rolhionjs
10-06-2004, 10:14 AM
fantastic work !! i like the way face is looking ! Pretty fine details ! :thumbsup:

StephanD
10-06-2004, 12:27 PM
Awesome work,there's even the legendary scar left by Tommy in 'Part IV:Final Chapter'.(or is it?)

Good work and keep it up!

onlooker
10-06-2004, 12:29 PM
That looks fantastic. Reminds me of ROTK weta work done in Zbrush from Tibor Madjar.

guardonduty
10-06-2004, 02:06 PM
Levetat

You have two pictures in your first message. Was the second one done in Zbrush. Thanks

Levitateme
10-06-2004, 02:36 PM
Umm the first image is modeled in MODO, the second had its UV laid out in wings3d, then put into zbrush, yep thats it. i started modeling his hockey mask btw, but i am learning xsi 4 so i dont know when ill be able to update with a zbrushed hockey mask. just give me a lil while.

Dave3D
10-11-2004, 06:17 PM
Bloody amazing, front page stuff when u do a final render

meats
10-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Yes, I can't wait to see a final render of this, looking very good!

leigh
10-20-2004, 04:57 PM
Damn that is AWESOME!!

When I first opened the thread and saw the first image (the OpenGL one) I was all "Awww damn it's just the start of the model" and then I scrolled down and was like "DAMN!!" :eek:

I'm such a major horror film fan so naturally I love stuff like this... can't wait to see it finished!! I'm still trying to get the hang of ZBrush myself.... but I hope to be able to make wicked stuff like this soon!

Come on post an update! :bounce:

I've actually been working on a Phantom of the Opera that I wanted to do something similar with... I think I'm going to have to load up ZBrush right now and get back to work!!

Ollarin
10-22-2004, 11:53 AM
Holy muffins! Awesome work!

*Is speechless*

chikega
10-23-2004, 03:26 PM
Very nice work and the attention to anatomic detail is very nice - supraorbital, infraorbital, mental formina are all there. I can tell you've done your homework. Have you given any consideration of making the nasal cavity a true cavity?

My only humble critique would be is that the teeth is not quite up to the level of the rest (anatomically) - the canines and premolars have essentially the same shape as the incisors and the placement of these, although purposely malpositioned, in the buccal corridor throws it off ... but, then again, you may not be finished... I just have a thing about teeth. ;)

Exceptional work, nonetheless!:thumbsup:

StephD
02-03-2005, 11:25 AM
this is excellent !! you're progressing really quick :twisted:

rob-beddall
06-28-2005, 05:46 AM
hey!!

i know this is an old thread but i just get red crosses for pics.
is there a web site with these on?
i'm really interested to see how this is working out as i'm thinking about zbrushing my freddy krueger model that i made recently.
so, is there a link to the Jason pics anywhere?

cheers!!

CGTalk Moderation
06-28-2005, 05:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.