PDA

View Full Version : History in Z brush

Stonepilot
10-06-2004, 01:18 AM
How do you get rid of history, I've received that error when I deleted a higher res division level and than I try to divide again. And if anyone know how or why X brush needs history.

TVeyes
10-07-2004, 10:53 AM
To subdivide the entire model you need to switch to the highest SubDivision level.

To partially divide a model or add edge loops you need to switch to the base SubDivision level. The reason for the later is that partial subdivision at SubDivision levels 2+ will not be able to create the corresponding polygons in SubDivision level 1.

Zbrush uses all the SubDivision levels for calculating displacement and normal maps.

It is perfectly possible to delete higher or lower SubDivision levels(the SubD history) and then subdivide further. Just make sure you are currently at the highest SubDivision level and that no parts of the model are hidden (Ctrl+Shift click an empty part of the canvas to unhide the entire model).

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.