PDA

View Full Version : Texture Projections help please!!!!

dmonk
02-05-2002, 08:17 PM
I'm practicing texture projections in version 1.53 xsi.
I was trying to texture a cube using a tile texture.
How can i texture all 6 sides of the cube with the same texture.
I tried planar projections but it only works for one direction (xy,xz,yz).
In si3d you could create a new material and texture separate polygons but i can't figure it ou in xsi. I even tried using the texture editor and moving the points but i won't work that way.
I know most of you guys who look in the softimage forum know your stuff so any help would be appreciated.

geoath
02-05-2002, 10:10 PM
hi!
go to VIEW>NET VIEW>TOOLS>RENDER and use the cubic texture mapping script..

About the other way u used in SI3D do the following..
select each polygons u want to assign a different material or a different projection and create a cluster..(edit>create cluster or press the cluster button under the edit section on the MCP)..

After u create the clusters u want, u can select each cluster and assign a material (an easy way is to press the button "cluster"over the transform section..there u can see all the clusters,or from the explorer view).Now u can use independent projections for each cluster within the material u assigned to it..

About the text editor in XSI 2.0 it's a lot easier to do things like that as there r many new tools..if u want an example go to:www.finalgathering.com and have a look :)
Hope this helps a bit
George

dmonk
02-05-2002, 10:47 PM
I really appreiciatete the help.

dmonk
02-07-2002, 06:47 PM
is there a way to do a create a cylindrical texture projection and the apply an xz projection to the same object?
Maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

EdHarriss
02-07-2002, 08:08 PM
I am assuming that you want the XZ projection so that you can control 2 different textures. (Or the same one twice)

The easy way is to assign another texture (or the same one) using Modify>Texture>Add>Image.

When the property page opens up, scroll to the bottom and click: Texture Projection>New>Planar XZ.

Now your object has 2 Texture Projections.

dmonk
02-07-2002, 09:07 PM
thanks Mr. Harriss.

P.S. How did I become Jedi?
:eek:

EdHarriss
02-08-2002, 02:42 AM
You are welcome.
As to how you became a Jedi.... I have no idea.
It must be magic.

grendizer
02-09-2002, 12:52 PM
I want to be a Jedi too! :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.