PDA

View Full Version : noob help please

Unnamed422
10-05-2004, 01:48 AM
i have been messing around with Maya and 3DSMax for a while now.. not too much with photoshop.. so i need some help figuring this out please...

my question is:

On the internet, I have downloaded a set of blueprints of a car i want to model. The print has 4 sides of the car on it which is all one page. I need to cut the front print and save it a certain size along with the rear which needs to the be the same size. Then I need to save the top and side seperate also. Everytime I use the marquee tool and outline it then use the Move tool to drag it to a New Box i opened that are the right size i need it has shrunk..

for instance.. on the original with the ruler on the image i need squared is 4x4 inches when i make a 4x4 inch size New box it's alot smaller when i pull it onto the box..

I hope I explained myself clearly for I know what I want it to do but bringing it to the screen is like the quote.. easier said than done..

thanks for the help and all info

dwin
10-05-2004, 06:24 AM
The problem is the resolution in the new file. If your new file resolution is smaller than the blue print it'll be bigger in the new file. The best way to crop is marquee and then you cut or copy. After that open a new file, don't change anything. Sometimes you won't get the same size. You're allowed to change the size but don't change the resolution.

LiQuiD12
10-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Agreed ^^, nicely said dwin :)

Unnamed422
10-05-2004, 10:54 PM
i feel like banging my head against the wall... thanks for the help

The most obvious is the least obvious

kongfu
10-15-2004, 04:47 AM
1,Select the area that you want.(For example:select the front viwe of your blue car)
2,edit/copy
3,file/new(now,you can see a new file the same as your select)
I am very like MAYA,hope we can be friend. she1998@hotmail.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.