PDA

View Full Version : deselecting components

byronic
10-04-2004, 09:23 PM
Is it possible to change that when i select some vertices and then i am in the move/scale/rotate mode i cant select any vertices more. i have then go to the selection mode with button q and then i can select new vertices! this suxs a little bit. because when i work fast and i dont click q to select new vertices and i move my mouse in the viewport, its move all the vertices that are selected.

pabloD
10-05-2004, 08:44 AM
Hopefully the behavior you described will be in the next release of modo.

For now try this. Make your selection. Hold down the W key. Without releasing the key execute your move. Release the W key, the Move tool will be dropped automatically. Now you can make another selection. Then you repeat the process.

Or you could use the Move tool as you normally would, activate it and use it without holding down the W key. When you need to change you selection then you hold down the W key. modo will temporarily drop the tool allowing you to change your selection. When you are done changing the selection, release the W key and the Move tool will again be active.

I know these are not as elegant as just being able to change the selection while the tool is active but this is all you can do for now.

I usually just actiave and drop the tool. Occassionally I do the first thing i suggested too. I never do the second thing I suggested.

byronic
10-05-2004, 12:10 PM
Oh thx!!! this works very fine for me!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.