PDA

View Full Version : king of spade

celmar
10-04-2004, 09:18 PM
hello!... just a little fun, with these mythic playing cards... a zbrush typical render, with the alpha modelled background; (alpha, then make stencil, then inflat...)... and I know, usually the big spade is for the ace... but the king is funnier!.. textured directly, and render with the dino material, and global illumination (or near!)...

meats
10-04-2004, 10:06 PM
Very cool image, Celmar!
Great creativity.

100% Zbrush?
How long did it take you?

celmar
10-04-2004, 10:15 PM
thank you, Meats... not very long time, more or less, like most of my pictures, some "one day painting"... the longest has been ( it's not 100 z for modelling) to mix the card with the arms and legs: I've modelled one arm, and one leg (not sure, one leg), and get them in nurbs patch; then lofted in nurbs the trim in the card, and the trim of the arm, and so on... (cutting the arm, to do two with one)... the head stay in poly, and the whole thing come back in z for render(... of course, the only modelled card is the big spade, all others are applied on a 3d plane...

aminuts
10-05-2004, 07:38 AM
That's quite the pointer the king has!:rolleyes:

Neat creative image!

CGTalk Moderation
01-19-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.